Are denials placing a drain on your revenue, cash flow and operational efficiency? Nancy Enos, an MGMA consultant and instructor for the American Academy of Professional Coders , shares strategies to prevent denials at every phase of your revenue cycle.
Watch on demand for expert advice and answers to these questions:
- How can you address the most common cause of denials in scheduling and registration?
- How well are your coders doing relative to preventing the top 20 sources of coding errors?
- How can you use denial trends to track and address issues at the source?
- What payer metrics should you actively monitor to keep your reimbursement on track?
- How can you prevent the most common sources of payer reimbursement issues?
- What key financial metrics should you measure to drive reimbursement performance?
Nancy M Enos, FACMPE, CPMA CPC-I, CEMC is an independent consultant with the MGMA Health Care Consulting Group. Mrs. Enos has 40 years of experience in the practice management field. Nancy was a practice manager for 18 years before she joined LighthouseMD in 1995 as the Director of Physician Services and Compliance Officer. In July 2008 Nancy established an independent consulting practice, Nancy Enos Medical Coding (www.nancyenoscoding.com).
As an Approved PMCC Instructor by the American Academy of Professional Coders, Nancy provides coding certification courses, outsourced coding services, chart auditing, coding training and consultative services and seminars in CPT and ICD-10 Coding, Evaluation and Management coding and documentation, and Compliance Planning. Nancy frequently speaks on coding, compliance and reimbursement issues to audiences including National, State and Sectional MGMA conferences, and at hospitals in the provider community specializing in primary care and surgical specialties.
Nancy is a Fellow of the American College of Medical Practice Executives. She serves as a College Forum Representative for the American College of Medical Practice Executives.