High deductible health plans compel the business office to continually update patient accounts receivables policies. When the average employee mandated plan has a $2000 deductible, that means that most patients walking in the door are self-pay!
How can you keep up with the most up-to-date technology that can help boost your revenue cycle as well as engage patients? This session will provide tips from both the practice’s and the patient’s point of view, and provides ideas for team-based approach strategies and procedures that best maintain your relationship with patients.
Topics for discussion include:
- Tips for working with new patients as well as those with HSA’s and high deductibles
- How your front desk and billing department can avoid front/back office issues
- How to manage credit card policies and collections timing
- Effectively dealing with patients who present as self-pay
- Understanding prompt pay laws and discounts that are legal
- Putting into place policies and actions that work and avoiding what does NOT work
About the speaker:
Susan Childs, FACMPE, is the Founder and President of Evolution Healthcare Consulting. She is a Board-Certified Fellow of the American College of Medical Practice Executives.
Susan helps practices THRIVE. Her experience covers Operations, Financial Controls, Staff Accountability and Role Definition, Revenue Cycle, Front Desk and Time of Service, New Practices, Customer Service and Change Management.
Ms. Childs has authored for organizations such as Orthopaedics Today, Greenbranch Publishing and AMA.
She has served as local and State Leadership and MGMA ACMPE Advancement Chair.
Her passions are patient access, staff member pride and accountability, and increasing the value of the physician.